Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hear the Crickets ( The Gibborim Series book #1) by BJ Sheldon











Hear the Crickets

The Gibborim Series, Book 1
by BJ Sheldon







Synopsis from Goodreads:



Skyy’s a freak. She’ll tell you so herself. Her past – a mystery. Her future – uncertain. Having spent most of her life avoiding humans in an effort to conceal her wings, she wants nothing more than to end it all, leaving behind the solitary life she’s been forced to live. But numerous attempts to die have proven immortality is both a curse and a nuisance. She now lives out her days in self-imposed seclusion to stay hidden from the world. But that quiet way of life is shattered when mysterious siblings arrive and reveal a destiny which sends her running for the hills. When an earth shattering discovery is made in the Badlands, history and science collide furthering the mystery behind Skyy’s past – and her future. Skyy will need to embrace her fate and confront an evil so ancient, only a miracle can keep the world from ceasing to be








My Review
4/5





* I got ARC this for my honest review*







For some reason I thought I was going to read a book about a girl who was part cricket. Well I didn’t get that book. BUT! I got this book which is a a wonderful book that has to do more with angels and Nephilim. 




I liked Skyy the self proclaimed freak who is kind of a shut in and not exactly nice to her best friend at times. I can understand why she would what to keep him at arms length though. During the course of the book you do see that she really cares for him. So, Skyy hears voices and paints visions she sees in her head. One day after a few day painting stint she got some unexpected not so nice visitors only to be saved/helped by a pair of nephilim twins. After that day Skyy’s life gets a turn and she finds out what her destiny could be, discovers more information that clouds her past and future and also has to fight and protect those she comes to love. 




This book was filled with some great characters some wonderful mysterious aspect( because I was guessing and trying to figure out everything as Skyy was) lots of humor, a little romance and some great action! The ending has a great battle scene, heartbreak, revelation and a twist. I thought it was well written and very engrossing. 




I enjoyed this book a lot and would gladly recommend it to those who like books with fallen angels, arch angels, nephilim and everything else that comes with the Angelic Lore. I’m looking forward to the next one in what I hope turns into a great series of books. 






Digging the cover too! Simple but represents the book wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment