Monday, November 30, 2015

Fortunately, The Milk By Neil Gaiman and Illustrated By Skottie Young.








Fortunately The Milk
By Neil Gaiman and Illustrated By Skottie Young.










Synopsis from goodreads:



"I bought the milk," said my father. "I walked out of the corner shop, and heard a noise like this: T h u m m t h u m m. I looked up and saw a huge silver disc hovering in the air above Marshall Road."




"Hullo," I said to myself. That's not something you see every day." And then something odd happened.




Find out just how odd things get in this hilarious story of time travel and breakfast cereal








My review
5/5 Stars





A change of pace! Family friendly book that my boys and I LOVED.



I’ve been wanting to read this book to my boys ( They are 8 and 6) for awhile. They enjoyed when I read The Graveyard Book to them and I enjoy Neil Gaimen’s books so it was a win/win situation. 




We loved it. I’d read it to them before bed time and we laughed and made predictions and just had a blast reading it. Even went over my half hour reading time and into their bed time just to keep reading it. It was odd and just perfectly entertaining.The illustrations were wonderful and the boys loved looking at the pictures that went along with the story. The both said it is in their top 5 favorite books. 




My 8 year old ( 3rd grader) had no problem reading it and found it easy but fun to read. My 6 year old (1st grader )struggled with a few words but with a little help he was able to read it too. 






I feel I’ll be reading this again with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment