Thursday, June 4, 2015

Rant by Chuck Palahniuk









Rant

Chuck Palahniuk







Synopsis from Goodreads:



Buster “Rant” Casey just may be the most efficient serial killer of our time. A high school rebel, Rant Casey escapes from his small town home for the big city where he becomes the leader of an urban demolition derby called Party Crashing. Rant Casey will die a spectacular highway death, after which his friends gather the testimony needed to build an oral history of his short, violent life







My Review
4/5 Stars




I love how when I’m done reading one of this authors books my first thought is usually. What the F*ck did I just read? I mean seriously I have no idea how I was so captivated by this book. It was rather disgusting, but there was so much interesting stuff going on I probably should have gave it less stars honestly. mind f*ck of a book to me, but I like how it was written. How it was all interviews or testimonies from so many different characters and how it all came together to tell the story of Rant Casey. 




Rant is rather disgusting character, but I had to know how he died. This isn’t one of those books that I feel like I could “ connect” with the main character. Shoot, I wouldn’t want to “connect” with Rant. I would want to stay far away from his rabid craziness. But! he made such an interesting character. So overly gross and weird that I cringed reading things he did. It didn’t stop me from reading and finishing this weird a** book though. The ending…omg the ending WHAT THE F*CK.





I’m not sure who I’d recommend this to. I mean maybe if you’re a die hard fan of this author you’d probably like this book. But it was rather overly disgusting. I can’t remember if Damned or Choke was this gross. Those are the only other books I’ve read by Chuck Palahniuk. Such a crazy trip with this book. When you piece things together I think you just come out with WTF. ( At least in my opinion) 






Gross yet interesting, loved the way it was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment