Thursday, April 30, 2015

Athena: The Grey- Eyed Goddess( Olympians #2 )by George O’Connor









Athena: The Grey- Eyed Goddess
Olympians #2
by George O’Connor





Synopsis from Goodreads





Boom! Pow! Crash!




Greek Gods as you’ve never seen them before!




The strong, larger-than-life heroes of the Olympians can summon lightning, control the sea, turn invisible, or transform themselves into any animal they choose. Superheroes? No! Greek gods. The ancient pantheon comes to explosive life in this new series where myth meets comic books. Epic battles, daring quests, and terrible monsters await readers within the pages of these books.




Volume 2, Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess, is the tale of the goddess of wisdom and war, recounting her many adventures










My Review



5/5 stars





One: Athena’s birth is pretty awesome. Two: Athena is like THE kick butt female goddess in my opinion. I she’s wise and doesn’t agree with her father that she is ready to be on Olympus she instead trains on Earth. She’s an amazing strategist and fighter.




I enjoyed every story about Athena. From how she got her name Pallas Athena ( both interpretations), How she added to her aegis to make it the most powerful part of her armor, how she came to help Perseus in his quest and the story of Arachne. All these stories were accompanied with wonderful artwork.






I think this books is great for those interested in Greek Mythology its kid friendly ( in my opinion, I’m reading these then handing them to my 8 year old to read) , fun , action and adventure filled stories. I love the questions at the end that I can go over with my son after he reads them also. And all the extra bits at the end is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment