Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Rosie Effect Don Tillman #2 By Graeme Simsion





The Rosie Effect
Don Tillman #2
By Graeme Simsion




Synopsis from Goodreads:


THE ROSIE PROJECT WAS COMPLETE BUT I WAS UNPREPARED FOR THE ROSIE EFFECT.




GREETINGS. My name is Don Tillman. I am forty-one years old. I have been married to Rosie Jarman, world's most perfect woman, for ten months and ten days.




Marriage added significant complexity to my life. When we relocated to New York City, Rosie brought three maximum-size suitcases. We abandoned the Standardised Meal System and agreed that sex should not be scheduled in advance.




Then Rosie told me we had 'something to celebrate', and I was faced with a challenge even greater than finding a partner.




I have attempted to follow traditional protocols and have sourced advice from all six of my friends, plus a therapist and the internet.




The result has been a web of deceit. I am now in danger of prosecution, deportation and professional disgrace.




And of losing Rosie forever






My Review
4/5 Stars





I won this in a giveaway on goodreads







I adored The Rosie Project and finding out there was another book coming out with more of Don and Rosie made me extremely happy.




I thought this book was wonderful not as great as The Rosie Project but great none the less. I think the whole fun of The Rosie Project ( at least for me) was getting to know Don and maybe since we have already been introduced to him I feel that this wasn’t as great.




Now do not get me wrong like I said I thought this book was wonderful. We got Don and Rosie and their entertaining if not complicated relationship in which becomes more complicated with a baby on the way. I found the logical way Don thought of everything at times rather humorous and at times kind of heartbreaking. I mean the poor guy couldn’t just enjoy the idea of becoming a father he had to break it all down. I have to say though I adore Don he has to be one of the sweetest and thoughtful although not your “average” character. He gets himself into some problems that turn out to be rather hilarious and made me a few times laugh out loud. Rosie…. I just felt sorry for her from the beginning. Its not that I didn’t like her I just think her situation and how she was dealing with it and how Don logically responded was sad. I mean most of the time I thought Don was doing amazingly and was in his own way receptive to her needs but I could see where she would draw her conclusions in which seemed to cause their relationship to head for a downward spiral.






Anyway! Humorous, Slightly more serious than the Rosie Project, at times Hearbreaking, Hopeful and Heartwarming. I just adore these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment