Friday, April 3, 2015

Stars Across Time by Ruby Lionsdrake



Stars Across Time
by Ruby Lionsdrake




Synopsis from Goodreads





Can love take root in the cracks of time?




Air Force pilot Andromeda “Andie” Kim dreams of being chosen to join NASA so she can go to space. Instead, she’s stolen by savage kidnappers from a dystopian future where fertile women are needed for breeding purposes. One of her kidnappers, a man named Mace, goes out of his way to protect her from the other slavers, but she’s not about to trust him. All she wants is to escape and find a way back to her time before she's sold as broodstock and stuck in this ruined world forever.




Colonel Aloysius “Mace” Theron of the Cascadian Alliance is a battlefield commander, not a spy, but after twenty years of service, he’s also trusted by his superiors. That’s why they choose him for a top-secret mission: to infiltrate an organization of thieves using a time machine to plunder the past. He’s supposed to find and destroy the machine, not fall in love with one of the captives, but Andie is as much of a fighter as he is, and he’s drawn to her from the beginning. Yet if he fights too hard to protect her, his identity will be discovered and his mission will fail, leaving criminals to terrorize the past, perhaps irrevocably changing history and endangering everyone he knows and loves



My Review
3/5 Stars



Ahhh what to say. I liked a lot of it. It just felt off… Maybe I wasn’t digging the whole slavery thing and virginity testing. Actually I think it was the virginity testing that made me cringe. The slavery thing I understand sort of. I mean you got these dudes from a distant future who go back in time to kidnap fertile women to sell to men in the future because the women then are mostly infertile. Theres always bad guys and they were definitely the bad guys. So, the virginity testing yup I think thats what made me drop it down and possibly because some of it was dark and the fact that she fell for Mace instantly. I mean lust for him even though he was technically a bad guy….sort of.




So the parts I like. Great action! Witty banter! I always love how this author make her women intelligent and able to kick some butt. And the main men or man tend to be honorable and respectful and they know when to help the females out or when to trust them to get themselves out of trouble.




Good story. I think the whole molestation vibe and the virginity testing thing throws it off for me. I did enjoy the later half of the book more than the beginning and I actually loved how it ended.






Time traveling! Humor! Kick butt and intelligent characters! Action! Explosions!

No comments:

Post a Comment