Saturday, January 3, 2015

Barely Bewitched Southern Witch #2 by Kimberly Frost



Barely Bewitched
Southern Witch #2
by Kimberly Frost

4/5 Stars



Synopsis from Goodreads:


Welcome to Duvall, Texas, where Tammy Jo Trask has just unleashed an accidental Armageddon.

When Tammy Jo's misfiring magic attracts the attention of the World Association of Magic, a wand-wielding wizard and a menacing fire warlock show up to train her for a dangerous—and mandatory—challenge. But is there more to their arrival than they claim?

The town comes unglued when a curse leads to a toxic spill of pixie dust and the doors between the human and faery worlds begin to open. To rescue the town and to face the challenge, Tammy needs help from the incredibly handsome Bryn Lyons, but the association known as WAM has declared him totally off-limits…







My Review


I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway

. Tammy Jo is back and this time a lot funnier.She wants to go back to working for Cookie and leave her the idea of being a witch in the past, but The World Association of Magic have other ideas for her. They send in some people to train her for a mandatory challenge. One is a flame throwing scary man who has anger issues and the other a posh British gentleman who only wants to help Tammy Jo. A curse leads to a problem with pixie dust ,fey and the humans in the town of Duvall going crazy. One person she could get help from is declared off limits by the World Association of Magic and the other wants to send her to a psychologist for her problems.

There was actually parts that I laughed out loud at. Some of the situations she gets tangled up in are pretty funny. The story was wonderful, well written and easy to follow. I’m not a fan of love triangles but the one with Tammy Jo, Bryn and Zach is still going strong in this book. What I really like about this book is Tammy Jo. I’m not a fan of her southern sayings sometimes but it kind of makes her adorable. She’s also super sweet and willing to help out everybody she can even if she doesn’t like the person. In this book she actually becomes pretty bad a** and in my opinion she seems to make smarter choices.

I again do not like Zach and I do not care what happens in the next book I’ve decided I don’t like him forever, but what he does at the end is pretty cool and I can not wait to read more about what happens with him.

I like what we find out about Bryn it makes him more interesting to me and I hope we get more backstory on it.

Oh and we also get a little bit more of Mercutio’s past. Such and interesting cat.


A great second installment of the Southern Witch series tons of humor, sarcasm and a fun mystery. A quick page turning read.

No comments:

Post a Comment