Saturday, December 27, 2014

Black Moon Draw by Lizzy Ford




Black Moon Draw
by Lizzy Ford
4/5 stars
Reviewed by Ash Rowe


Synopsis from Goodreads:

A reader gets sucked into the book she’s reading and is trapped, unless she convinces the hero of the story to send her home. Just her luck - the book is unfinished, and its sexy hero is far more alpha male than she’s prepared to handle. 

What Naia doesn’t know: the story – and its hero – have been expecting her for quite some time, even though she has no idea what she’s doing there. 

Naia must learn quickly how to navigate the dangerous, magical world of Black Moon Draw and find a way to woo the unlikely, uncooperative hero of the story, who holds the key to returning her home

My Review


Poor Naia a bookwork/librarian who gets dumped before her wedding.  She spends the time she was suppose to be preparing for her big day reading and watching movies. Which doesn’t sound too bad to me.  She finds this book online by LF ( seriously took me to writing the review to realize hey look Lizzy Ford’s initial are LF too! ahhhh funny..) while she’s wallowing and reading this story thats getting posted on line and not to the speed she finds acceptable she’s also drinking wine. She passes out and wakes up in the world of the book she was reading. Black Moon Draw.

I really enjoyed this book. One: I still want to step Through the Looking Glass, so reading a story about a woman who gets sucked into a book world was great. Even though I don’t want her book world or want to get sucked in her alternates she would prefer ( No, unlike some women I would not like to be pulled into 50 Shades of Gray) I can appreciate how cool it would be. Two: It was a wonderful story full of  gems that tied into pop culture and how they get tied in you’d appreciate the sense of humor ( I’m still laughing about Lord of the Wings and the “square table”).  I enjoyed The Shadow Knights and Naias back and forth banter. The story was fun and imaginative.  
I’m not sure I care for Naia’s character there was just something about her that irked me (no not her lack of confidence but something) , but I think she works well in the story. She’s unconfident and needs to believe in herself to find the magic within her to help her knight save Black Moon Draw.

All in all a fun story with some humorous parts that even I was laughing out loud at A love conquers all type story.  It really had to be a lot of fun to write this book and I think Lizzy Ford had fun with it. 





Its an adult story so there is some sex and sexual references.  

No comments:

Post a Comment