Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Lotus Effect by Bridget Ladd

Dystopian, Steampunk, dash of Fantasy all WONDERFUL

I was given this book for an honest review.
Honestly, I’d give this a 4.5 I was seriously close to LOVING this book. But, I just really, really liked it. The only reason it is not a 5 is because it started off slow and it seemed like it was going to be some kind of Hunger Games follower. BUT!! BAM! easily became a book I hated putting down.
You get a great dystopian with a kick ass steampunk thrown in and a splash of fantasy. Ladd painted the world beautifully. Everything from the buildings to the armor ( freaking loved the description of the armor) and weapons. The action was great and the romance between Xander and Lily was not one of the “instant love” things or a love triangle. Lily was at first a little whiny ( given that she was the Mistress of Sciences daughter and the next in line for the title I assume being privileged she is suppose to be like that) and I didn’t think I was going to like her character but she became such an amazing kick ass selfless resourceful chick. Xander, what would any story be without the mysterious man who is out for revenge and willing to help out the woman who is trying to save the people. Xander and Lily were such a great match and the playful conversation in some instances where great. Even the bad guys where wonderfully written. I loved hating them! ( Does that make sense?). It ended with a wonderful cliffhanger and I can not wait to figure out what happens next with Lily and Xander.
I think any reader who enjoys action ,some politics , steampunk, tiny bit of romance and great characters would like this book. Great Book!

4.5 out 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment