Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fakers by Meg Collett


Meg Collett is quickly becoming one of the authors that I don't care what she writes I'm going to read it, even though it's not a genre I usually read. She has a way of pulling you in to the story that makes you feel like you are there.

Kyra Aberdeen has some dark shit in her past but she plasters a smile on her face and tries to fake it through her life. At first I thought that was strong of her until I started noticing she did not seem to be dealing with her true feelings well. Loved that Hale called her out and their relationship was entertaining to read. It was so hot and cold with them and the verbal exchange at times was so funny I found myself laughing out loud. For those who enjoy the steamy parts they were VERY HOT.

I liked Hale he was just a grumpy, misunderstood, call it like I see it man. But, he was sweet and stuck up for those who needed it and was there for Kyra throughout the book.

Cade was charming and I like to read more about the guy.

And Stevie the best friend Kyra makes when she moves to the Island. Stevie has her own demons but she was there for Kyra and Kyra was there for her. Loved Stevie even with her issues. She put Kyra through some shit towards the middle but Kyra was there for her and towards the end Stevie was there for her even though she put Stevie through some heartbreaking shit.

This book was very hard to put down. Lucky for me is I read it on a Saturday so I didn't have to put it down but for a few minutes here and there. It was a wonderful read and the author makes you feel the emotions as you take the roller coaster ride of them through the book. This book was heartbreakingly wonderful and at the end made you happy.

4 out 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment