Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Captain Marvel: Higher, Further,Faster, More by Kelly Sue Deconnick and David Lopez



MARVEL NOW : Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster, More
by Kelly Sue Deconnick and David Lopez

5 out of 5 stars


  I’ve recently started reading graphic novels/comics. Always been a big fan of superheros and being a chick I’ve been the biggest fan of female superheroes. Especially if they can hold there own. There is  something wonderful seeing female superheroes be feminine and kick butt. Protecting civilians from injustice just like their male counterparts. Of course the first ones I enjoyed where She-Ra and Wonder Woman .  As I explore more into the Marvel and DC universe I’ve come across some really cool ones.

Before I picked this graphic novel up all I knew about Captain Marvel was she was apart of the Avengers and she was supposedly bad a**. I have to say she hits all the points in what I like in a female superhero. Witty, Strong, Confident and Loyal

Captain Marvel/ Carol Danvers seems to be at point in her life where she doesn’t know what she wants. She’s restless and needs to clear her head. When the opportunity to go to space and be the go between with the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy she took it.  Captain Marvel was in charge of taking a young alien who fell to earth in a capsule and was in a coma back to her home. This brought Captain Marvel to team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Get swept up in some galactic politics, some great action scenes including a bad ass stand off  and in the end gains some friends.

As my first Captain Marvel comic/graphic novel I very much enjoyed it. The story line was great. The characters we are introduced to are wonderful. Captain Marvel herself was funny, loyal, strong,charming and completely kick a**.  There was no cliffhanger at the end, but you know you can expect more wonderful adventures. The artwork was great. And I think Captain Marvel has the best costume out of all the super heroines so far that I’ve seen.I’ll be picking up the and keeping up with this version of Captain Marvel.

I’d recommend this to anyone who maybe new to the whole comic/graphic novel thing. I’m not sure how those who read the past ones feel about this but being a new fan I love it. Its fun, visually pleasing, has great action scenes and a great story.


No comments:

Post a Comment