Saturday, December 13, 2014

Shifting Identity (The Magickeepers book 1)


Shifting Identity was okay. It was....cute? I'm not sure how to explain it. It wasn't anything amazing but I don't feel like I wasted my time reading it. For a paranormal love story I think I was excepting more paranormal and more action. I'd give it 2.5 stars not exactly 3 stars because although it was okay there was some things that knocked it down for me, but I don't want to say I didn't like it. I did finish it.

I do like Karina and how she's such a strong girl who knows what she wants and goes and gets it and doesn't let anything stop her. I like how she was all for equal rights. There were some things about her that bothered me but it didn't take from the characteristics that I liked about her.

Jules was interesting. He was sick and in debt most of this book. And possibly and alcoholic.  He had a rough past which I think would be a more interesting story than the romance between him and Karina.  He was very sweet to Karina and when he found out her secret he was accepting of it. He also is wonderful to his best friend Fleur.  

There was some parts where time seemed to have skipped days and I didn't catch the transition. The flow was a little off and the writing would switch at times. 

I would recommend this book to someone who wants a light paranormal with light romance and a quick read. 

2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment