Saturday, December 13, 2014

The King by J.R . Ward



This was the paranormal series I started after reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. It was different and I loved it.  Every book taking on the different relationships. The conflicts. The love, the cheesy humor and the action I loved every minute of it.  Getting to know the next relationship was something I got excited about.  I bought the books for those reasons.

Its going downhill. Not to say I did not enjoy aspects of this book. I love Wrath and Beth's relationship and the whole conflict that has arisen in this book. I really would love to find out what happens to the couples she introduces us to. But, the writing I'm not sure what happened. I don't know if maybe I've been reading better books that haven't made me feel like I'm drowning in marketing gimmicks or slang. I usually do not complain about the use of "WTF" and "OMG"s but to me this time it was a bit overwhelming ( and to be honest there was a few I had no clue what they meant ) especially with all the pop culture references. 

I liked this book. I enjoyed parts of it and I will be reading the next ones only to hope that they will become better again. 

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment