Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Grey God (War of Gods #4 )by Lizzy Ford




The Grey God
War of Gods #4
by Lizzy Ford
Reviewed By Ashley Rowe
5/5 Stars



My eyes hurt... I'm pretty sure I have kids around here. I think I fed them and kissed their heads and told them I loved them... Coffee has been my constant source of food since yesterday. I might need sleep  :-)  Anyway, It was worth it....  On to the review.... - Ashley Rowe



Synopsis from Goodreads:



The Grey God Darian can’t quite shake off the dark streak remaining after the thousands of years he spent enslaved by evil – or the memory of how the only woman he loved betrayed him. When given a second chance at life and love, Darian struggles to leave his past behind, before it destroys his future. The warrior destined to become his mate, Jenn, is accustomed to fighting – and defeating – dangerous men. But Darian isn’t just another powerful man, he’s immune to her mind reading talent and completely unpredictable, a trait sure to get anyone near him killed. Jenn feels trapped between the wild god and his enemies, who learn her fate long before Darian does. Rather than embrace her destiny at his side, Jenn defies it in an attempt to protect him and her own heart.



My Review:



LOVED this one! This one was my favorite in the series!

Darian the Grey God finally finds himself. He has better control of his powers and he’s just amazing in this book. I like that we find out more about the whole backstory to the Immortal world in this book and what happened. Also, theres more Xander who still may not be my favorite character but like The Others and The Watchers he intrigues me.

When we met Darian he was betrayed by the first woman he loved and was thought to be dead but was in fact enslaved by the previous Black God. Throught out the series he had a long way to come back from being broken and it was great to read about his transformation a little at a time in each book. He’s definitely the best male character of the series in my opinion. Even through all the horrible stuff he has been through he has a great sense of humor about it and probably the sweetest disposition out of them all. Yet! he can still kick some serious butt! Of course he deserves an amazing “mate” and Jenn is definitely it. She’s Dusty’s spy and is working with the Black God to figure out what vampires are betraying him. She had a sad past in the immortal world before the Schism happened and it makes it hard for her to love someone especially if there is a chance she might lose them or hurt them. Jenn uses her mind control and her body to get close to her targets, she’s great at hand to hand combat and she has a soft spot for people who need help and who can possibly be saved from their dark selves. The flirtatious banter between them was great. And I like when Darian started giving it back to her. These two were the best couple in this series.

The story was great! The characters had to make tough choices and the fight scenes really brought out the kick butt side of Darian, Jenn, Charles and Yully. Also, there were still plenty scenes to make me giggle. It leaves you hanging on Xander and I want to know what happens with The Others and The Watchers. Also, what about Charles and Johnny ( The Black God)?


An awesome ending to a great series! Action packed, page turning, funny, paranormal romance. I do believe I’ll be picking up the spin off to read next..I need sleep first I kind of binge read this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment